Our Story (So Far):
Having experienced the sometimes disjointed efforts of justice-oriented faith communities and clergy, we struck out on a mission to create a coalition of faith-leaders to collectively address the harms and injustices being visited upon our communities in Charlotte, NC. We are also excited to facilitate and work toward relationships that model justice and equity in our city.
We, the faith leaders of the Charlotte Clergy Coalition for Justice, commit to creating a just community strengthened by diversity and enriched by the full participation of all citizens.
- Called from the shared moral grounding of love for neighbor, we welcome all to the common table.
- We protect human dignity and increase equal access to economic and social opportunity.
- We employ the methods of nonviolence and the practices of peace in the pursuit of justice and equity in Charlotte and Mecklenburg County.
- Our collective efforts focus in racial and economic justice, educational equity, LGBT rights, environmental advocacy and in immigrant rights.
- We recognize the interdependence and mutuality of the struggles for justice and the necessity of working across silos that often limit our progress toward creating justice for all.